PARTNERING FOR GROWTH
November 11 - 14 — Omni King Edward Hotel, Toronto
A forum where partners come together to grow their businesses; share ideas and vision to create a network of innovative solutions, concentrating time and energy only on the most productive concepts that grow our collective businesses.
Following the success in 2018, the FDFA Convention is returning to the prestigious King Edward Hotel, an extraordinary luxury property in downtown Toronto. The King Eddy offers a variety of suites and meeting rooms to meet our suppliers' needs while offering exceptional service in a convenient location.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
New time-frame! The convention will commence on Monday, with the operators' meeting, supplier set-up and the Opening Cocktail, and meetings Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Monday, November 11: Operators’ meeting; supplier set-up; airport meetings; Opening Cocktail
- Tuesday, November 12: individual meetings; TFWA Lunch; JTI Hospitality Lounge
- Wednesday, November 13: individual meetings; Imperial Gala; Lounge
- Thursday, November 14: individual meetings; convention closes
Suppliers have flexibility to attend and hold meetings for the duration of the convention.
Convention events are designed to maximize networking and brand building. The 2019 Sponsorship Package provides details for opportunities.
- Building on the success from 2018, we will open the convention promoting supplier brands with interactive mini-events, offering suppliers the opportunity to highlight new brands.
- This event would not be the same without the popular charity auction – bring your wallets and support the Missing Children Society of Canada.
- New Star of Show award - a showcase platform for suppliers to display new products at the Opening Cocktail and Central Hub registration area. Attending buyers will vote to determine the Star of Show 2019.
JTI Hospitality Lounge
- We are planning a fun-filled memorable evening brought to you by JTI-Macdonald – details coming soon.
Imperial Gala on a New Day
- The premier event will be moved to the third day, Wednesday night.
- This is the convention highlight event, brought to you by Imperial Tobacco Canada, where we will aim to top the 2018 Imperial Gala in the glamorous setting of the Crystal Ballroom.
- Introducing a new revitalized Gold Standards Awards Program celebrating excellence and recognizing achievements in the industry.
- We will continue the gala evening and transition to the lounge, brought to you by ALFA Brands, Bacardi and BHI, where you can continue conversations while enjoying cocktails and treats.
REGISTRATION AND HOTEL
Use the tabs on the upper-right side of this page to locate detailed information on registration, supplier suite options, and regular hotel room accommodations.
SHIPPING AND PACKAGE HANDLING
Detailed information will be available soon.
August 31, 2019 - Early-bird registration deadline (rates increase afterwards)
August 31, 2019 - FDFA Member Directory content deadline
October 8, 2019 - Hotel guestroom reservation deadline (rates may increase afterwards)
SAVE THE DATE 2020
The FDFA Convention will be held at the King Edward Hotel in Toronto, November 9 - 12, 2020.