Operator & Buyer Registration
FDFA Land Border Operators, Canadian Airport Duty Free buyers, American Duty Free Store buyers and their employees can register under this category.
On this page you will find complete registration information including costs, discounts and policies. After reviewing all information, use the 'Register Now' button to complete your online Convention registration
NEW WAYS TO MEET, INTERACT, ENGAGE & LEARN
Category Days: days have been assigned categories to assist with meetings and to allow efficient planning:
- Liquor and cosmetic/fragrances appointments - Monday and Tuesday
- Tobacco and non-core appointments - Tuesday and Wednesday
Airport/Associate Members Day: Sunday, November 4th has been allocated exclusively to airport and associate members to start their meetings.
Region/Group Meetings and Presentations: designated suppliers will share critical ideas for growth and innovation through presentations to operators, by region or group. Themes will revolve around logistics, marketing, sale and operations. These presentations will be interspersed throughout the day to allow for concurrent attendance of individual meetings.
- Monday presentations: Bacardi, Pernod Ricard and Diageo
- Tuesday presentations: Distribution Fontaine
- The Primary Delegate completes the first registration form and selects 'no' when asked if an individual from thier organization has already registered.
- To register additional buyers, before advancing to the payment page, select 'yes' I would like to register another attendee and repeat the process providing the contact information for the next buyer.
- Select 'yes' when asked if an individual from your organization has already registered in order to receive the additional buyer discounts.
- After you have registered all your delegates, select no more attendees and continue to the payment section.
- Note, the total discount is applied to the statement at the end of the registration process.
- Operator Meeting
- Opening Cocktail Event
- Breakfast & Lunches (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday)
- Imperial Gala & Awards Evening and Post-gala Lounge
- JTI Event
Early-bird Registration Fees:
- $740 Primary Operator
- $400 Additional Buyers (45% discount)
Early-bird Deadline: August 31, 2018
Discounts: additional buyer discounts will be applied during the payment process after all your registrations are complete.
Donation: a $20 donation included in each registration will go to the Missing Children Society of Canada
August 31, 2018 - Early-bird registration deadline (rates increase afterwards)
September 30, 2018 - FDFA Member Directory content deadline
October 1, 2018 - Hotel guestroom reservation deadline (rates may increase afterwards)
October 19, 2018 - Cancellation deadline (details below)
CANCELLATIONS: All cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Refund requests will be permitted up until October 19, 2018, but are subject to a $115 processing fee.
Refunds will not be processed after October 19, 2018
HOTEL GUESTROOMS: The FDFA has committed to a block of discounted hotel rooms for the convention. Reservations made outside this block, or, at another hotel, can increase FDFA costs due to penalties for not filling the block. To avoid increasing expense that may therefore result in increasing future registration fees, we respectfully request that all registered delegates stay at the King Edward Hotel within the FDFA block. Reservation information can be found on the Hotel tab, on right side of the 2018 Convention home page (select 'back' top right side of this page).