FDFA Allowance Video Series
We are pleased to offer our members the opportunity to provide your customers with a variety of options to showcase the allowances in a visual manner.
The FDFA has created a series of videos explaining the allowances to help customers better understand of how the allowances work.
What is the Series of Allowance Videos?
There are a total of 8 Trailer style videos, including extended versions and short versions. All are in French and English for both for US and CDN customers.
Where Can you Find the Videos?
We have created a Duty Free YouTube Channel for easy access and sharing on social media.
- The YouTube Channel is called – FDFACanada
- The web link for quick access to see the YouTube channel is: www.youtube.com/user/FDFACanada
- Don’t hesitate to send out the YouTube channel name or link to your tourism or media partners
- We recommend adding the YouTube icon to the top of your website (similar to the Facebook and Twitter icons) with a direct link to the FDFA YouTube Channel
Your IT or Webmaster can easily take any or all videos and upload the code to your site.
What is the Interactive Allowance Videos?
- The Interactive Allowance Video Version is meant to also be placed on your website. It is a different type of allowance video than the Trailer version.
- It is similar to the trailer but it is customer interactive. This means that the customer has a choice of options on the computer (or a kiosk) when they open the link.
- For example – the customer will get asked – i.e. are you Canadian or American? Are you travelling across the border for more than 24 hours?
- The customers responses automatically populate the allowances that they are permitted – while also providing the consumer with important messaging such as the incredible savings Canadian Duty Free Stores offer, Yes, you can shop at Canadian Duty Free Stores before crossing to the U.S., etc.
- You can provide your IT representative with the Interactive Codes required to embed the interactive video on your website. You will note each store has a unique code – by implanting this specific coding, we will be able to track views, and where these views are coming from for each store website – providing us the ability in the future to use target marketing based on these results - Interactive Store Codes
- We recommend you use the National Duty Free website’s new allowance page as an example of how to showcase the new interactive allowance video and information on your store’s website -http://www.dutyfreecanada.com/customs-allowances/
- If interested in finding out how to purchase a kiosk for your store – don’t hesitate to let the FDFA or Melissa Shenck at MS2 Productions know of your interest and we’ll be happy to respond back with greater information.
In-Store Media Systems & Kiosks Information - Click here
Video Series Press Release:
Almost all stores who have a website have an allowance section on their websites. If you don’t – we request you have a tab and/or section created that is prominently featured on your store’s website.
In addition to the videos – you should have text or a written explanation of the allowances also available.
- Canadian Residents English - click here
- American Residents English - click here
- Canadian Residents French - click here
- American Residents French - click here
Additionally, if you would like to update your automated phone message recording to reflect the wording used in the allowance video, please see below the video transcripts in both French and English.
Contact the FDFA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-688-9788